There are several best hygiene practices that everyone in our community can practice every day to help prevent the spread of diseases in general, as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). They include:
- Practicing good hand hygiene, including washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Following appropriate coughing/sneezing etiquette;
- Staying home, resting, and avoiding close contact with others when you are sick or with fever; and
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched objects and surfaces with a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.